Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 7th Homework

Great teachers inspire with picture of teacher

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

Every time I watch this video, I am so inspired. From listening to Randy Pausch's last lecture, I think that this is the type of person he was; inspiring. I don't think he thought of himself as inspiring, but rather as someone who was inspired by so many others. He seemed to take so much from other people, but never really thought about what he was giving to them. As a teacher, I hope to have this kind of mentality. I don't want to be the teacher that knows everything, but I want to be the teacher who is not afraid to admit when she has learned something, even if that something was from a second grade student. I hope I can give my students the space to explore and learn. They will have to learn the basics, but is there any one set way to learn the basics? I like how he gave his students freedom to learn and create, but that freedom was given to him as a teacher. I don't think I will have that kind of freedom as a teacher in elementary school, but I can dream.

Comment4Kids

This week I commented on Samary's post in Mrs Shetler's class in Arizona. It was a poem titled "The Rain". In my comments I said the we live in one of the top 5 rainiest cities in the US. Every week I love seeing what these kids can do. Amazing!

2 comments:

  1. I think we think the same way, there needs to be more freedom in the way teachers can teach. Not every child learns the same way so not every lesson plan can fit inside a mold. You will make a wonderful teacher because you will think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent statement on how I want all of my students to approach their profession. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete