Saturday, February 6, 2010

February 7 Homework

Planet earth
I can't believe how fast this semester is going and how much I am learning in EDM310. I few weeks ago, I was unsure what a podcast was or why I would even need one, much less even think about doing one myself. Now, here I am preparing to do a podcast with a fellow classmate. I posted on a previous blog entry that podcast would be a great tool in the classroom if a teacher was ever out. I have since learned that there is so much more a podcast can be used for. Teachers can interact with other teachers from all over the world and teach students from all over the world. I could use a podcast from a teacher in Japan to teach about culture or other topics my students may be learning. I could teach students in Germany about hurricanes. The teacher of the future will be a teacher of all and not only of his/her classroom.
I also commented on Sidney's blog from Mrs. Deyenberg's class. The class is also reading AR books and must accumulate points just like my daughter's class. Sidney is doing very well with AR points. It is nice to know that other children are required to read AR books and that it has as much emphasis place on it as my daughter' class.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely know where you're coming from about just learning what exactly a podcast is all about. They always seemed so dull to me, but now I realize they have a so many positive uses in a classroom. I like your ideas on different ways to use podcasts in a classroom, and i like how you said "The teacher of the future will be a teacher of all and not only of his/her classroom." I haven't really thought of it this way, but I believe your right and it definitely gives me something to reflect on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina,

    I really enjoyed reading your post. Podcast can be a great tool for a teacher to use in the classroom especially if a teacher is out and also for students who are absent. I thought that some of the previous podcast that we were assigned to read were a bit boring and when doing a podcast it should be upbeat to keep the attention of others just as when we are giving lectures to our students. Once again good job on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if you could get your daughter in touch with Ms. Cassidy's class... That might be exciting for all of them. There's Skype! Or a video recording.

    ReplyDelete