Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Comments for Teachers

The blog I have been reading and commenting on over the past few weeks is Adventures in Pencil Integration. The blog is written by John Spencer as Tom Johnson. The premise of the website is that Tom Johnson works for a small school district in the year 1897. He is writing about his journey to move into the twentieth century with pencil and paper integration initiatives. I found the blog as I was searching for sites to add to my PLN. The blog is a very entertaining read. It has made me take a look at some of my fears of using or trying new technology in a different light.

Here are the comments I made on Mr. Johnson's blog post:

I found your blog as I was searching for sites to add to my PLN as part of an assignment for my EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I shared this site with my professor , Dr. Strange and he gave me this site to follow as an assignment for the next few weeks. Please feel free to check out my personal blog and my EDM310 class blog.
Your blog post was very interesting. I like the word mentor instead of friend. As a future teacher, I hope to be a mentor to many students, but am not necessarily interested in being their friend. I like the idea of including the parents in the process of mentoring. I think the parents should be there anyway.

It is so interesting you wrote about PLNs in this post. We are working on those as an ongoing project in my EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I had no idea what a PLN was, where to go to begin to build one and how it could be useful to me. The more I research, learn and build my PLN, the more I am beginning to see how useful it can be. I see now that this will not be a project that will ever be 'finished', but instead will evolve throughout my teaching career.

I shared this post with Dr. John Strange, my EDM310 professor at the University of South Alabama. He only eats macintosh apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment